|The church recognizes 6 primary fasts:
1. The Great Lent: Forty eight days prior to Easter.
2. Fast of Nineveh: Three days starting on the Monday of the third week prior to the Great Lent.
3. Advent: Fifteen days starting on the 15th of December.
4. Fast of the Apostles: Three days starting on the 29th of June.
5. Assumption of the Virgin Mary: Five days starting on the 15th of August.
6. Wednesday and Friday Fast: Every Wednesday and Friday around the year, except the 50 days between Easter and Pentecost and any feast of the Lord or the Virgin Mary.